- Sleep more. Since the most common cause of under eye circles or bags under the eyes is insufficient rest, it definitely makes sense for you to get the right amount of sleep every night. The minimum amount needed varies from person to person, but 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is definitely a must.
- If you are a smoker then you should give up the habit immediately since it causes premature aging of the skin around the eyes.
- Hydrate the skin around your eyes and apply sunscreen to it so as to keep wrinkles at bay. You do not need to use a fancy product; any good moisturizer or sunscreen will protect your skin as long as you use it regularly. Any product that contains retinoic acid will be very effective at protecting the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Do be very careful when touching the skin around your eyes. Do not pull at the skin when you apply moisturizer to it.
- If you already have puffy eyes and under eye circles, perhaps because you have been crying a lot or drinking or have been sleep deprived, then you could reduce the problem by applying cold tea bags or slices or cucumber to your closed eyes.
In case you are unable to get rid of your dark under eye circles entirely then you might consider hiding them. A high quality concealer will do the job fairly well as long as it matches your skin color perfectly. Products that contain caffeine can also help alleviate this problem. You could also use skin lightening products containing kojic acid to make your under eye skin look lighter and brighter.