If you’ve ever eaten this vegetable, you know how it stains not just your lips, tongue and teeth a bright pink but your clothes and fingers too. But that’s not all. Beetroot works to clear up the pigmentation of your lips. Besides being natural, it’s also free of chemicals and inexpensive, so why not make the most of it? Beetroot for pink lips, did you say? Sure, why not?
Here are a few ways by which you can use beetroot for pink lips:
- Extract beetroot juice: First, wash the beetroot well and peel it. Grate it over a muslin cloth and extract fresh juice from it, ensuring that it drops into a bowl below. Just like your mouth, this muslin cloth will stain too, so do wash it immediately. Now, use it in the following ways to get pink lips:
- For soft pink lips: Mix a teaspoon of beetroot juice with a tablespoon of fresh cream and massage your lips for a few minutes at bedtime. Next morning, you will find that your lips are pink, plump and pretty. Do this for a week for best results.
- To lighten dark and pigmented lips: Use a beetroot scrub to exfoliate your lips. For this, mix a tablespoon of beetroot juice with a teaspoon of sugar and an equal quantity of lemon juice. Scrub your lips with this using a circular motion. Keep at it for about 10 minutes and wash off with cool water. You will find your dark lips lightened, pigmentation and discoloration reduced and your lips with a pink hue.
- For naturally red lips: For vibrant and luscious red lips with a natural sheen, mix equal quantities of beetroot juice and mint and a few drops of almond oil. Dip a cotton ball into the liquid and dab it onto your lips. Repeat twice during the day and watch for best results. You will find that the beetroot juice gives a rosy red hue to your lips while the mint juice energizes your dull lips and the antioxidants present in mint guards it from the harsh sun rays.
- For bright pink lips: To use beetroot for pink lips, here’s another winning recipe. Combine one tablespoon of beetroot juice with an equal quantity of honey. Wet your lips with a piece of cotton and massage this liquid over your lips. Leave it on overnight. In the morning, you’ll notice your lips turning soft and pinkish. Continue this for a week to get naturally pink lips.