Skip to content
Cons of Waxing
- Pain/discomfort – waxing can hurt when it’s pulled off the skin. The discomfort is short and sharp, so it doesn’t last, but can be unpleasant.
- Cost – waxing may be cheaper than laser, but it is not a permanent solution to hair removal. Treatment will need to be repeated every few weeks to maintain the result and the costs do add up.
- Skin irritations – waxing can leave the skin a bit sore, especially with thicker hair or the first few times when follicles are strongest.
- Ingrown hairs – regrowth after waxing can involve some ‘ingrown’ hairs, leading to bumpy skin.
- Waiting – waxing can only be done when there’s a certain amount of hair ready to remove, so clients do have to wait for enough regrowth before having another session. It can be annoying and a bit embarrassing, many people choose to cover up underarms or