- Moisturizer – Cosmetics and makeup techniques will not do you any good unless you take good care of your skin. Make sure you drink plenty of water everyday and use water-based moisturizer. Also, apply a rich eye cream every night to smoothen the areas around your eyes and reduce crow’s feet. The more moisturized your skin is, the more evenly it will hold makeup.
- Foundation – Choose foundations or tinted moisturizers that are yellow-toned, as they tend to tone down redness or ruddy skin very well. Avoid thick foundation. Keep it sheer to avoid textures that will highlight your wrinkles instead of hiding them. If you have too many freckles or brown spots, you may use cream or gel bronzer to correct that and add some healthy glow to your skin. If you have some extra fullness around your chin, you can use foundation to conceal that problem by applying
The size of eyeshadow brush kits vary widely as the situation for using them also varies. If a woman is at home then she has the luxury of keeping a large selection of eye makeup and brushes in her dressing room as well as a large variety of different cosmetics. But if she is at the office or traveling the size of her makeup brush kit will be considerably smaller as she will need room for all of her basic makeup and cosmetics.
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
- Use only one color of eyeshadow. Remember you’re not trying to win a beauty pageant here. Your goal is to look your best in the fastest amount of time. The best eye makeup tip is to check for dark circles under your eyes. If you see them then your going to need an eye concealer, if not don’t worry about it. Only use
- Powder Power When you were younger, you probably had the problem of too much oil on your skin and thus used powder all over your face. Stop this habit. Now. Powder absorbs moisture and oil as it is intended to do. Mature skin lack moisture and don’t need it. Use it only on either your nose or chin areas.
Professional makeup artists NEVER use powder on women over 50. Powder has the nasty habit of sitting on top of wrinkles and makes them stand out.
- Sagging Skin and What To Do About Them Plastic surgery? Facelifts? Botox? Wait! Don’t run off and find a plastic surgeon just yet! Makeup can do wonders here too. Jowl lines are sometimes called funny lines as they extend from your nose are down to your jaw line. They appear most prominently when you laugh and that’s why they are referred to as “funny lines”.
- As a teenager you probably already have natural and extremely young looking beautiful skin. This gives you plenty of reason not to fret about whether you should wear heavy makeup as young skin calls for natural and light makeup. In fact, your make up should be subtle so much that your fellow teens don’t even realize you are wearing makeup at all. Make sure your makeup matches your skin tone as much as possible.
- The most essential makeup item for any teen would be a concealer. Surely the teenage years are taking a toll on you with acne, dark circles, pimple marks and much more. With a concealer you can cover up everything within a few minutes. Make sure the concealer is light enough to match the tone of your skin but dark enough to cover up.
- The next step is to dust on some face powder. Do not overdo!
If you have dry skin, make sure your skin is adequately moisturized before applying loose minerals to prevent your makeup from becoming flaky. You may also benefit from exfoliating gently at night as well, to remove excess dead skin cells that accumulate with dry skin. Be sure to use skin products formulated for dry skin, too.
If you have oily skin, applying a layer of mineral veil to your skin under your foundation will give you extra oil absorption and help to keep your face from looking shiny. Be sure you use a gentle cleanser that is not overly drying, which can actually cause your skin to become more oily as it works to combat dryness and irritation.
For the best coverage, choose the right concealer for your problem areas. Green concealers will neutralize red blemishes. Yellow concealers will neutralize purple or brown areas such as … Read the rest
Like any other day, you will start with a concealer. If your glasses tend to bring out your eyes, you should try covering your dark circles as much as possible. Keep your glasses close to you and take a look at the improvements every few minutes. Don’t stop refining your look until you are perfectly happy with the result.
Most people don’t know that glasses will attract attention to the eyebrows. This means that you have to make them look perfect and the only way to do this is by adjusting the shape and trimming them if needed. You shouldn’t exaggerate when it comes to eyebrows in general; as long as they have a clear shape and you can’t notice any imperfections, you should be ok.
A pale color is recommended for the waterline. This will make your eyes stand out and they will look great especially if you use … Read the rest
The art of makeup has grown to be so superior up till now that you are can find an exact foundation that may take care of your exclusive skin needs, making it harmless. The way your skin appears at the time of applying foundation is absolutely special from when you do not use it.
You will get it with different levels of treatment from a natural gentle coverage to a thick foundation for severe blemishes and marks. To opt on which foundation will best fit your skin type is a subtle job for women. Prior to discussing various brands and what objective they serve, it is imperative to note that if your foundation does not match your skin type, it may give contradictory results than what you want from it.
Foundations produced for hypersensitive or acne skin kinds include salicylic acids, which facilitate keeping the pores unaffected from clogging. The … Read the rest
Instead of keeping up with the soft, sporty, sun-kissed look of the summer, one makeup tip is to begin using more bold colors in your makeup regime to take you into the fall season, said Barbara Harrington, a Hockessin resident and distributor for SeneGence International®.
Bold lip and eye colors are perfect for fall seasonal events and holiday parties. And vibrant make-up will offset the darker, heavier clothing often found in your fall/winter wardrobe. So, be fearless with color, but be careful not to go overboard” cautions Harrington as her next makeup tip.
“A bold eye or a bold lip is the perfect accessory for the fall,” said Harrington. “Pick a feature to define: bright, bold colors like berry tones, plums and reds are perfect for lips and deep shades such as indigo, onyx and charcoal will make the eyes really stand out are some other makeup tips to consider … Read the rest
Achieving the perfect look for your festive get together needn’t be difficult or costly so go on, treat yourself!
We’ll begin with a beauty winner this season in the form of a color galore palette, opening the doors to metallic shades! That’s right, gold, copper, bronze, silver and chrome from your eye shadow to your lips and even your nail polish, your look just wouldn’t be complete without a bit of shimmer and shine.
TOP TIP: When applying these shiny textures, remember your base coat. Wearing metallic make up requires a clean foundation to work from, matching your original tone (even on nails).
Try the OG New Sparkle Palette by The Organic Pharmacy
Powerful nudes with enough pigment in one coat, perfect for eyes, lips and cheek highlighting. Includes: Pink Flush Blusher, Bronze in Deep Golden Bronze, Lip Gloss in Candy Pink and Highlighter in Silver Pearl PLUS 4 shades … Read the rest
Foundation is optional. Though it is beneficial for dry skin, delicate or mature skin as it gives you another layer of protection from the elements.
Mascara is optional if your lashes are dark.
What you do need is :
- Eyeliner that matches your lash color or your mascara if you are using mascara
- A concealer that matches your skin color, or the color of your foundation if you do use one
- A rosy lipstick
- A rosy blush
After cleansing, toning and moisturizing your face, scrutinize your face in the mirror.
Using a concealer brush, dab on the concealer over each blemish and blend it in with your fingers.
Take a lip brush. Dip it into the lipstick. Then paint your lips. Line the lips first then color them in.
Is your face pale?
Take a blusher brush and dip it into the blusher powder. Dust off the excess onto the … Read the rest